| Steps in the Application Process
Updated On: Jan 17, 2018
The LU112-NECA Electrical JATC Construction Electrician Apprenticeship Applications
will be available
January 2, 2018 - June 30, 2018
Monday - Friday 8:30 - 11:30am & 1:30 - 4:30pm
There is a $40.00 non-refundable application fee
payable at the time of application
The application fee is payable by Cash, Check or Money Order made payable to ETT. The fee must accompany the Apprenticeship Application Request Form. Once the form and fee are received in our office, you will receive an application packet. Please be sure that your contact information, name, address and phone number are legible. We will not be held responsible for applications returned to us as undeliverable from the USPS.
STEPS IN THE APPLICATION PROCESS
- Complete the Application Request form and Pay the $40.00 Applicaton fee
- Meet the minimum requirements (see requirements listed below)
- Complete the application file WITHIN 30 DAYS of the application date, with all documentation including:
*Copy of Valid Driver's License
*Copy of Birth Certificate
*Official High School Transcript
*Proof of (1) year of Algebra with a 'C' or better (transcripts or Tech Math
*Copy of GED scores - if applicable
*Copy of DD214 - if applicable
- Complete the NJATC Aptitude Test and receive a qualifying score. The test will be scheduled by the LU112-NECA Electrical Training Center upon completion of your application file. For more information about the test and a few sample questions, click HERE.
- Complete an interview which will be conducted by the Joint Apprenticeship and Training Committee (JATC)
- Receive an eligibility score upon completion of your interview and be placed on the eligibility list. You will remain on this list for (2) years.
**For more information and courses regarding the interview and how to be
successful in the workplace as well as refresher courses for mathematics and
reading comprehension regarding the aptitude test, please visit
www.electricprep.com (charges for courses may apply).
Minimum Age: 18 Years Old.
Education: High School Graduate or GED with minimum score of
250 or 2500 or a High School Equivalency of 600 or higher after January 1,
2014 OR in lieu of a diploma or GED, a two year associate degree or higher
Math: Must have completed (1) year of high school algebra,
integrated Math 2, or equivalent post-high school
algebra course with a 'C' or better. If you do not
meet this requirement, you can complete the online
NJATC Tech Math Course.
Physical: Capable of performing the duties and work associated
with the electrical trade
Other: Valid Driver's License, Birth Certificate, Official High
School Transcript, Discharge Papers - DD214 (if